I am a London-based Digital PR/Social Media/SEO Consultant, music producer/anorak, deep sea diver, avid cyclist, worldwide traveller and football-loving technology bod! This page functions as a kind of online scrapbook/resource featuring my favourite blog posts and news items as well as my own personal reviews and recommendations in the worlds of music, sport, travel and technology!

Wednesday 24 June 2009

Tweetdeck or Seesmic Destop?

Just been having a think and it seems that I've got a Twitter crisis on my hands! 

Tweetdeck or Seesmic Destop? Which do you prefer?

 

Last week, after an initial four-month romance with Tweetdeck, I decided to jump ship by installing Seesmic Desktop to compare which of the two might best-serve my long-term Twitter needs - whether for personal or professional use. On initial impressions, the search functions are obviously more advanced on Tweetdeck whereas Seemic Destop seems more easily customisable with several ‘drag-and-drop’ capabilities that I found very useful/practical.

 

Although one of the main advantages to Seesmic Desktop is that it let’s you manage multiple Twitter accounts, I started to miss the simplicity of Tweetdeck as well as the Facebook integration button and the option to select Twitscoop, 12 seconds and Stocktwits which I read regularly. For a more in-depth comparison on the two platforms, go here:

 

http://mashable.com/2009/06/16/tweetdeck-vs-seesmic-desktop-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment